Thursday 29 September 2011

That Just Happened...

Baseball oh baseball, it only took 161 games but you just made me poop myself sober.





That was one of the funnest nights I’ve had watching sports in a long time (by a long time I mean since hockey/basketball playoff season). I won’t give you a play by play of the entire series of events but like, holy fuck, it was 7-0! The Red Sox were winning! The Braves were up 3-1! Like I’m watching the highlights right now and I still can’t believe what I’m seeing. To be honest, I can’t see the Cardinals making much noise in the NL playoffs because the Phillies pitching staff is better than 14 year old Danny Almonte pitching in the Little League World Series. The Rays however are on fire, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yankees are kicking themselves in the ass in two weeks for not bringing in Rivera tonight and eliminating the Rays when they had the chance. I realize the Yankees want to rest up for the playoffs, but why not try and eliminate a team that is hotter than Rex Ryan during a sketchers commercial right now in order to play the Red Sox who couldn’t beat the freaking Orioles. Holy shit the highlights just came on again and I’m getting shivers, that was amazing stuff. I think Brad is also going to write about how insane tonight was, and judging by the cloud of stench coming from his side of the couch, he may have been caught more off guard then I was. 


NJN

No comments:

Post a Comment